Friday, January 25, 2008

Activity # 7 Getting to know RCP

Well here I go again hope I can remember all I said before. This is one of the posts that is apparently swimming around in cyberspace.

Shortly after the Research Project Calculator was introduce to us I took advantage of my small advisory group of ninth graders to introduce the calculator to them. I went on line prior to class and added a link from the media website to the RPC website. I did a short lesson on how they could use it in the media lab. Several of my students are part of the open/IB programs and this will prove to be a great tool for them to use in future research projects. That is not to say that our two other SCL can not take advantage of this tool, but they are not as enthusiastic participants. What I did was have them pretend that they had a project due on a specific date. We then went through the options and explanations of time lines. Because advisory doesn't have a grading system other than credit no credit I offered a edible treat to anyone who completed the setup procedures and printed a final product. I do hope they take advantage of this resource. I have been helping Liz introduce it to her classes.

No comments: