Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Activity # 12

Here I am jumping around through the different activities, but I had need to locate other serach engines to help a group of students find a health article for class, so I took the opportunity to explore the web for a variety of search engines to help find current articles.

The first search engine I came across was dogpile.com that was nice for the students as it combined the results from google, ask, yahoo, etc and it appeared to filter and narrow down the results. Very little advertising websties.

The second search engine was findearticles.com. Linked to BNET Recseach Center with over 10 million articles. One nice feature was that students can search by category, publication, or keyword. There were also links to additional websites and search engines. Not a lot of help for searching by the category history ect, but great for my health magazine article searches.

The third search engine that I found was AllSearchEngines.com. The site is copyright protected, but they encourge you to link to their page. I really liked some of thier links to websites under their topic headings such as government and health, but you have to watch as there are ADULT sites listed. I would use this only under extreme supervision.

No comments: