Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 28 Photos and Images

The other activity I took time to explore this snowy weekend was I wanted to learn about Flickr. I can certainly see how popular it is. It is owned by Yahoo. It looks like you can use any of 8 different languages to access photos. It claims to have over 2 billion images, and I believe them. It is access able from either PC or Mac. It claims that you just grab your photo and drop it on a map where you took it and it will add it to the files. So I thought great. I am heading to Lancaster, PA this summer maybe I can view some photos about the area to see if I might be interested in visiting. WHOAH, be careful of that. Up pops a bunch of photos of some woman breast feeding her child. I never did locate many photo's showing the location. Glad I didn't try that for the first time in front of a classroom full of children. It looks more like a place for people to dump their personal photos without regard to content. I certainly would not use it with young children. I am sure there are others out there but I stopped looking after that.

No comments: