Monday, April 7, 2008

Activity 31 Bibliographic Tools

Today I wanted to blog on different bibliography composers I have found on the internet to assist students who are struggling with their bibliography citations. I have used Citation Machine for many years with my 8th grade students. When I came to Henry, I added this link to my home page on the school website to help many of the students who continue to struggle. For this blog activity I tried to locate other tools on line that were free to students. One of our teachers suggested noodletool.com, but unless I am mistaken I didn't find it to be free. Perhaps he subscribes to the service and has his students use his account. There is a free starter account available for grades 1-5 and ESL students. Everything else I clicked on appeared to cost. So I went on the hunt and found www.easybib.com. I didn't like this website. I found it confusing and difficult to navigate. It looked like you would access under mybib, but that it only did MLA Bibliograhies.

I did locate www.studentabc.com as a free service for students. I liked this website, and found teacher resources to be an added bonus. Students can do either an APA or MLA style of bibliography. You can also link it to your home page.

Those using firefox may want to use the extention www.zotero.org.

No comments: