Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Using Public Library Card Online

This morning I went online to see if my library card was still active before class on Wednesday. Surprise, Surprise it still works. I took the opportunity once on line to help a student search for information on King Arthur and the Knights of the round table. There are lots of features to the various data bases. At first we went to the Premire database by mistake. Only found book reviews, but finally caught on and went to the academic database and found over 500 articles for him. I got hooked on reading about an archelogical dig they did for a television documentary. It was fun to read as I have had the opportunity to visit England and several of the sites listed. Makes me want to travel to England again. I can certainly see that I will need to practice before helping Liz's IB students. This is certainly going to be my practice year.

No comments: