Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Updating Media Center home page

Today I had success in uploading photographs on to the Henry Media Home page. I invite you to take a look at our celebration that the media center held on February 14th. Not only did we celebrate I Love To Read Month, but the finial completion of the last item in the construction process for the new Media center. I have had various amounts of success with uploading pictures. I finally figured out that I have to be careful to watch the way that I save the photo's on the desktop.

I am please to begin to hear more teachers caution students on plagiarism, my comments, and those of my fellow teachers are beginning to get through to the students. Before we would hear comments, "it doesn't matter," "who's going to know," etc. With more staff using TURNIT IN students are beginning to recognize the importance. Now if we can just reach our CFL students. Many of the students in this program see nothing wrong with copy, paste, or just printing the article without citing sources. This can only be addressed by the teachers accepting this in the assignment. But I won't give up.

No comments: